How To Save In-Transit Costs
Most of us pat ourselves from having bought the cheapest air ticket. But we forget that the outlets situated inside airports charge exorbitant rates. We tend to buy food, water etc. from these. It is unavoidable if we have to wait at the airport for a few hours for catching another flight. Use the below tips to save the In-transit costs smartly:
- Bargain complimentary hotel shuttle: When your waiting period is more than 7-8 hours you tend to book a hotel room for taking sufficient rest. In that case bargain a complimentary hotel shuttle from the airways. Even if you need to use a cab, avail a shared service instead of hiring a separate cab.
- Use a credit card for airfare booking: Most airlines waive baggage fee if you use your credit card for ticket booking purposes.
- 3. Packing: Carry less luggage and pack them skillfully. That way you can save baggage fee while switching over to domestic flights.
- Currency exchange kiosks charges: When choosing a safe option like BTC profit, we think twice and keep asking the same question- is it safe to invest. But people blindly use the currency exchange kiosks at airports and pay more conversion charges.
- Carry dry food: Carry dry food like energy bars, nuts, cookies etc. You can reduce your hunger pangs during the waiting time. You need not to buy food from those costly outlets.
- Refill water: Carry a water bottle so that you can refill water. No need to spend money on water bottles/cool drinks from dispensers.
- Carry books: Your own way of entertaining yourself is the cheap and best thing. Carry good books to keep yourself engaged during the waiting period. If you stay idle you get bored. You go and buy stuff from the duty-paid shops which are too much costly. If you have a book in hand, you will not shop and spend excessive money in order to kill time.
- 8. Use free wi-fi: Use the free wi-fi provided at the airport. Don’t use chargeable mobile data.
- Longer duration: If your waiting duration is longer, go out and have food. Enquire and find out the cheapest and tourist-friendly location nearby. The food outlets in those locations charge a very low amount for food. You can visit attractions nearby and return to the airport. Thus, you can spend your time usefully without incurring a huge amount.
If you are a frequent traveler, use the above tips to save a considerable amount during in-transit waiting periods.